June 2007 - Posts
Primary Goal: Make sure my brother's account becomes a silver, and doesn't renew.
Secondary Goal: Remove the initial credit card on the account (my mother's) from my account.
I removed my mother's credit card from my Xbox Live Account (Mastaglach820) today. I initially called to make sure my brother's account turned into a silver (he has a 2nd one he would rather use on a day to day). After handling that, I asked to have my mother's CC# removed. Xbox support set the process in motion but had to escalate my issue to another part. They do not have access to the account information (which I guess is good).
The only "issue", really wasn't an issue. They needed the credit card holder to be on the phone to verify everything. Outside of that, everything went smoothly. I just cant order/buy anything for a little bit (just to make sure).
Outcome: It was a complete success. Yes, I have heard those "horror" stories of Xbox Support...but to tell you the truth. The support agents I have come into contact with (multiple ones via the XBox.com forums), ceesar from the UK, as well as Christine (if I remember correctly) at 1800-4MY-XBOX, have all been truly helpful, and have caused no issue.
I am a new found Formula 1 fan, within the last 2-3 years. Every day or two, I go to check formula1.com to see if there is any news, interviews, or technical updates to the cars. Today I went and noticed they had a new front page up. I also noticed they had a poll (seen below). I voted and this is what it brought up for me.
Now, if one was to look at the progress bar (which SHOULD reflect the data at the end of the bar) you would think "Oh and the same amount of people voted for the first two options". But, as you look at the actual data, you will find that there is a +21% Difference in Massa's favor!
Formula1.com, please fix your poles, they are too confusing, and frankly...incorrect.
I have been one to see WAY too many inappropriate images on Forza Motorsport 2. But, there is now a way. If you sign into Forzamotorsport.net and head to the report page (link). From there you can report users. A user found to have ban images gets an instant two week ban.
PGR3 = Launch Title
GRAW = March 06 Title
Guitar Hero 2 = April 3rd release
Forza = May 29th (I received it on May 22nd)
I don't play alot of Forza at one time (ok, so probably about 80-90 mins of race time per session). And yes, Guitar Hero 2 is amazingly fun as well.
Autoblog.com, one of my FAVORITE sites for car info, linked to a great video comparing 5 supercars. I wont let the cat out of the bag...but watch the video:
Watch it at Autoblog.com
I understand that the game is still in its infancy. It has not been out for a month, and I am already started to talk about upgrades, and new parts? Well, yea. I have been playing this game, for at least 2 hrs a day (other days more), since May 22nd. My goal was to get to the R2 endurance races. I have unlocked the R4 and R3 endurance races...but I want the R2's, and R1s. I am about 180,000 credits short of unlocking those (and the "Reach Level 40" achievement). And while I still have about half the career, and MANY more cars to purchased, this got me thinking. What can the Turn 10 team add, to make this game even that more better.
Lets start with the basics:
- Cars - Who wouldn't want more cars?
- I would like to get my hands on the R10 from Audi (qualified 2nd at the 2007 24 Hrs of Le Mans, this weekend), and the new Peugeot 908 (which qualified first in its first Le Mans). What about some other Le Mans racing cars?
- How about some of those sweet new Mustangs? There are the Roush, and Saleen Mustangs.
- A couple more....just as long as they are cool.
- Tracks - You get tired of racing some tracks over and over (even though I will always love Mugello)
- How about adding Le Mans? What better place to run Endurance races, then the track where the 24 hrs of Le Mans, considered one of the, if not the, most grueling road course race is held.
- How about some Forza 1 tracks? I want to see Road America again. I liked that track...don't know why, but I do.
- What about Indianapolis infield? Formula 1 races there.
Now for the other add-ons:
- What about a "real" endurance mode. I know you can set a multiplayer game up to 75 laps...but, what if it was more time based than lap based? You can set a room to a 2 hr race, and whoever gets the most laps wins. It would be like an American Le Mans race, or the 24 hrs of Le Mans, etc. I think it would be a bunch of fun, especially for the die-hard fans.
- How about checkered flag next to the lap numbers to signal the last lap. I think I remember it being there for the first Forza, but I could be wrong. Heck, it could only be me who is an idiot and forgets that it isnt the last lap yet. Its killed my overall times, many of times.
- More shapes, more logos, and less glare in the paint room. While it is nice to see the reflection off a car at times...when I am taking a picture in the paint/vinyl room, can we turn it down a bit? Can we turn it down when I am putting a vinyl on? There are times, either taking a picture, or placing a vinyl when you get annoyed (atleast I do), when the glare is right where you are trying to look/snap a picture of.
All in all, these improvements and DLC are not necessities, but things that I think can make this game even better. I still love this game, and will still be playing it for a long while more.
- Oh, and that picture up top, was taken in game on the NYC Circuit and received via Forzamotorsport.net
Albus, a Forza Motorsport 2 fan (and I believe tester) has some quick tips on tuning for anyone that wants to tune in Forza 2. Keep in mind, these are just quick tips, and there is ALOT ore you can do.
Thanks for the tops Albus!
Check out the tips. [Forza 2 forums]
A very very very talented user over in the Official Forza Motorsport 2 forums, has put up a tutorial (with almost step by step pictures) on how to create the Joker's sidekick, Harley Quinn. It is truly amazing what he does, and how he does it. If you are a big batman fan, you can try to create this piece of work.
It was a great day in New York City at the Pac Man World Championships. As many of you have now heard, BandaiNamco introduced a new Pac Man game, with new mazes for the first time in 26 years. The 10 competitors, from 7 regions, were the first gamers outside of the company to be able to play the new edition.
The competition was fierce between all of the competitors. I walked in during the round of 8 (the competition started with 10 players, from 7 regions, and each round 2 players were knocked out). I saw the field dwindle to 6, then 4, then during a frantic and pressure packed round of 4, I saw it finally dwindle to the final 2. The two finalists were Austrian Champion: Robert Glashuettner, and Mexican Champion: Carlos Romero. Looking at the compeition, it was truly a feat to be the final two at this championship. You had two Pac-Man legends in the event with Billy Mitchell, first to ever get a perfect game, and another Pac-Man record holder, Timothy Balderramos.
For the finals, Robert, and Daniel sat on stage, each having a HDTV in front of them, as well as an HDTV (about twice as large) behind them, so you could see all of their moves. In addition to that, they had a split screen on the project, with Major Nelson and Aaron "B-I-G V-I-P" commentating during the championship match. The lead interchanged many times during the match, but with about 90 seconds remaining, Daniel went on a ghost chomping spree, and took the outright lead. The lead became too large for Robert to overcome. It truly was nerve racking, as during most of the match these two men were within 2000 points of each other. At any time, anyone could have taken the lead.
The new edition, takes the same ghost running, pellet eating goodness that the original Pac-Man had, but has brought it to the current generation of gaming with high definition visuals as well as some new gametypes. The new gametypes bring a whole new type of gaming. One of my favorites (seen below) is like crawling around in the dark at night in your house. You really do not know where you are, until you are right there. This gametype is definitely for those who are quick on their feet, and can make rapid decision, especially with the extra pressure of the red ghost chasing you. It is a great edition to the class Pac-Man.
The trick to this new gametype, is actually utilizing the ghost, and yourself to remember where the lines are, and where you can and can not make turns to get away from the Ghosts.
Here is a rundown of all of the game modes in Pac-Man Championship Edition.
- · The Championship Mode. This is the main game mode designed by NAMCO BANDAI Games and Iwatani specifically for the championship round of the Xbox 360 “Pac-Man” World Championship. This mode – as well as all others within the “Pac-Man Championship Edition” – features redesigned mazes with wide maze walls and a widescreen configuration to better enable high-speed game play. Timed limit of five minutes.
- · Challenge Mode 1 (Patience and Reward Course). This mode is an evolution of the Championship Mode. Patience mazes strategically offer fewer Power Pellets and Reward mazes provide a large number of Power Pellets – providing unique challenges and rewards for the player. Timed limit of 10 minutes.
- · Challenge Mode 2 (The Darkness Course). In this mode, only the area directly around “Pac-Man” and the Ghosts is visible and the maze walls are completely hidden. Timed limit of 10 minutes.
- · Extra Mode 1 (The Freeway Course). An extremely high-speed mode for advanced players, this mode features warp-speed “Pac-Man” and Ghosts and plenty of tunnels. Timed limit of five minutes.
- · Extra Mode 2 (The Manhattan Course). A mode inspired by the streets of Manhattan — the home for the first-ever Xbox 360 “Pac-Man” World Championship. Timed limit of five minutes.
- · Extra Mode 3 (The Overall Course). A mix of all other modes resulting in extreme mazes for the most devout “Pac-Man” fans. Timed limit of 10 minutes.
Heading to the train within the next hour to head into New York City, for the Pac Man World Championship. This wont be the only thing going down, or the last. If you want to meet the Major, Trixie, Dirty Diva or John Porcaro head down.
Does this dude look alot like Major Nelson? :P Reuben Anderson...the Major Nelson twin.
I will be at the Pac Man World Championship event tomorrow, and I just found out that there will be a major announcement for Xbox dropped there! Godfree talked with Aaron Greenberg, and he dropped the word (that there will be an announcement).
Godfree talks about it here.