TechNet Magazine – March 2013
The March 2013 edition of the TechNet Magazine is now available for online reading.
- Cloud Computing: Cloud operations and security
By Vic (J.R.) Winkler
Recognizing and aggregating patterns is key to efficient and secure cloud operations.
- Windows Server 2012: Master Windows Deployment Services
By Johan Arwidmark
Using WDS, especially in concert with other deployment tools, gives you a powerful and flexible solution.
- SharePoint 2010: Establish the proper environment
By Steve Wright, and Corey Erkes
The manner in which you set up your development and testing environments and processes can greatly impact your applications.
- IT Architecture: The new face of IT
By Paul Yu
A cloud-based framework running on a network of virtual servers is the new look of the modern IT infrastructure.
- IT Management: Leadership, deconstructed
By Ryan Haveson
Being an effective leader is learned skill, but you can apply some simple techniques to build and drive a powerful team.
- Virtualization: VDI made easy
By Kristin Griffin, and Freek Berson
There are new options for deploying and managing your VDI environment with Windows Server 2012 RDS.
- Lync Server 2013: Link in with Microsoft Lync
By Brien M. Posey
Lync Server is a powerful communications platform, but there are several things you can do to improve its performance.
- IT Management: IT - The core, the core, the core
By Romi Mahajan
It has been said before, but it’s truer than ever: IT is the core of business activity as a driver, a facilitator and a solution.