Microsoft Exchange PST Capture 2.0
Microsoft recently released Microsoft Exchange PST Capture 2.0 (version 15.00.0641.000). According to a blog post by the Microsoft Exchange Team, Time to go PST hunting with the new PST Capture 2.0, here’s what’s new:
- Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Updated profile generation code to use Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP).
- Fixed Exchange Online import failure issue when PST Capture is not installed on an Exchange server.
- Removed User Interface limit of 1,000 users when performing an import to Exchange Online.
- General performance improvements
Microsoft Exchange PST Capture 2.0 is used to discover and import .pst files into Exchange Server or Exchange Online
PST Capture 2.0 is used to discover and import Outlook Personal Folder (.pst) File Format files into Exchange Server and Exchange Online. PST Capture helps an organization that wishes to gain more control over their email data repositories by placing them into Exchange. By optionally installing PST Capture Agents on target machines, administrators can determine where .pst files are located and who their file owner is via the PST Capture Console. Administrators can import .pst files via Import Lists to Exchange Server or Exchange Online. Data can be directly imported into the primary mailbox or associated archive mailbox.