TechNet Magazine – May 2012
The May 2012 edition of the TechNet Magazine is now available for online reading.
- Windows 7: A Geek’s Guide to the USMT
By Johan Arwidmark
When it comes to migrating user settings and data for Windows 7 deployments, the User State Migration Tool is a valuable ally.
- SQL Server: Databases and Indexes
By Glenn Berry , Louis Davidson , and Timothy Ford
Managing your indexes, and having the proper indexes in place, is an essential part of managing your overall SQL Server workload.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Governance Planning
By Steve Wright , and Corey Erkes
Establishing an effective governance structure takes research, planning, precise execution, and ongoing evaluation and maintenance.
- Windows Server 2008 R2: Secure Your Windows Server
By Brien M. Posey
With so many options, determining the right security features and settings for your Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure can be a challenge..
- Windows Server 2008 R2: Certificates Drive RDS Security (Part 2)
By Kristin Griffin
Using certificates is an important part of securing communications for Remote Desktop Services. Here’s the rest of the story on how to install them on each of your servers.
- Data Storage: Reorganize Your Data
By Leo Michielsen
You can still access your data without having to organize and keep track of inconsistent drive letters.
- Cloud Computing: Legal and Regulatory Issues
By Vic (J.R.) Winkler
Technological and security issues aside, there are also a host of other regulatory, compliance and legal issues to consider when moving to the cloud.
- IT Management: IT Hybridity–The Benefits of Diversity
By Romi Mahajan
Diversity doesn’t just refer to having different cultures represented in the IT staff—it also refers to different systems and platforms.