Directory Preparation for Lotus Notes Migrations
Directory Preparation for Lotus Notes Migrations is now available to download.
DirPrep is a PowerShell based script that prepares the customer’s Lotus Notes and Active Directory environment for migration. The DirPrep process will populate all of the email related attributes on user accounts, create accounts to represent shared/group mailboxes, create accounts for rooms and resources, and will create groups in AD for each group being migrated from Notes.
DirPrep prepares the following AD objects
- Group Mailboxes
- Rooms and Resources
Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows XP
- DirPrep Requirements
- Remote Desktop will be primary method of connecting to this machine and MUST be enabled.
- A physical or virtual machine is required in order to run the DirPrep script. The machine can be 32 or 64 bit, should have at least 2GB ram, and a min 50GB of disk. The CPU should be a minimum of 1.8 GHz.
- It is recommended that the operating system is Windows server; however windows XP can be configured to work with DirPrep. Using a Server OS provides more stability and security for the DirPrep process. The script can be run on 64-bit OS but 32-bit PowerShell need to be used. The machine must be a member of the target domain or in a domain that has a trust relationship with the target domain, Server 2003 or above.
- A copy of Windows PowerShell 2.0 must be installed. This can be downloaded from the Script Center Downloads.
- Version 7.03 or higher Lotus Notes Client must be installed and configured for use by the DirPrep Service account.
- The Windows Admin tools and support tools should also be installed (specifically, so that ADSIEDIT and ADUC can be used on the machine).
- Service Accounts
- A Domino account, matched with a corresponding Active Directory account is required for directory synchronization. These accounts will be used by Microsoft Online team and the responsible Domino/Active Directory customer resource to synchronize the customers Domino Directory to the customers Active Directory.