The Microsoft Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool has been released.
The Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool (OCAT ) provides a quick and easy method to analyze your Microsoft Office Outlook profile for common configurations that may cause problems in Outlook. This can be very useful for busy Help Desk personnel when end-users call for help with Outlook or when you want to identify possible issues with Outlook proactively.
The Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool provides a detailed report of your current Outlook profile. This report includes many parameters about your profile, and it highlights any known problems that are found in your profile. For any problems that are listed in the report, you are provided a link to a Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article that describes a possible fix for the problem. If you are a Help Desk professional, you can also export the report to a file. Then, the report can be viewed in the Outlook Configuration Analyzer Tool on another client computer where the tool is installed.
If you’re interested in more Outlook troubleshooting tools, than take a look at other neat piece of software that was released in the same day: Calendar Checking Tool for Outlook.
The Calendar Checking Tool for Outlook is a command-line program that checks Outlook Calendars for problems. To use this tool, the Outlook calendar must reside on a Microsoft Exchange Server. The tool does not work with IMAP, with POP3, or with other non-Exchange mail servers.
The tool opens an Outlook profile, opens the Outlook Calendar, and then checks several things such as permissions, free/busy publishing, and auto booking. Then, the tool checks each item in the calendar folder for problems that can cause items to seem to be missing or that might otherwise cause problems in the Calendar.
Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 has been released. A post at the Microsoft Exchange team blog highlights the following fixes:
- New updates for Dec DST - Exchange 2010 - SP2 RU1 - Display name for OWA.
- 2616230 Exchange 2010 CAS server treats UTF-7 encoding NAMESPACE string from CHS Exchange 2003 BE server as ASCII, caused IMAP client fails to login.
- 2599663 RCA crashes when recipient data is stored in bad format.
- 2492082 Freebusy publish to Public Folders fails with 8207 event.
- 2666233 Manage hybrid configuration wizard won't accept domains starting with a numeral for FOPE outbound connector FQDN.
- 2557323 "UseLocalReplicaForFreeBusy" functionality needed in Exchange 2010.
- 2621266 Exchange 2010 Mailbox Databases not reclaiming space.
- 2543850 Exchange 2010 GAL based Outlook rule not filtering emails correctly.
Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2645995.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Exchange Server 2010 must be installed prior to installing this update rollup.
- Any Interim Updates for Exchange Server 2010 must be uninstalled prior to installing this update rollup.