Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta
Unless you have been living outside planet Earth for the last week, by now you already know that Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta has been made available. Some of the features updates are: archiving and discovery enhancements, a faster Outlook Web App (OWA), upgraded mobility features, and several improvements in the management UI. For more details, please read Yes Virginia, there is an Exchange Server 2010 SP1.
The downloadable software is for evaluation purposes only and is not a released product. If you plan to install the software on your primary computer, it is recommended that you back up your existing data prior to installation. Before you install the Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta, we recommend that you review the summary of system requirements and technical information located in the Exchange Server 2010 Technical Documentation Library.
This time-limited, free pre-release version of Exchange Server 2010 SP1 will end 120 days after installation.
To learn more about Exchange Server 2010, visit http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/2010.
The Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta UM Language Packs are also available to download (YESSS!!!! Language Pack pt-PT is finally released!).
Unified Messaging (UM) language packs allow an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta UM server to speak additional languages to callers and recognize other languages when callers use ASR or when voice messages are transcribed. UM language packs contain:
- Pre-recorded prompts, for example "After the tone, please record your message. When you’ve finished recording, hang up, or press the # key for more options." in the language of the UM language pack.
- Grammar files that are used by a UM server to lookup the names of given users in the directory in the language of the UM language pack.
- Text to Speech (TTS) translation so that content (e-mail, calendar, contact information, etc.) can be read to callers in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), which allows callers to interact with UM using the voice user interface (VUI) in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Voice Mail Preview which allows users to read the transcript of voice mail messages in a specific language from within a supported e-mail client such as Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
Download the file, and use Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta setup to install the UM language pack.
Example: Setup.com /AddUmLanguagePack:UmLanguagePackName /s: d:\MyLocalFolder