Visio stencils for IT Pro posters
How could I miss this??? I was looking for these shapes for ages!!!
Are you familiar with those “simplified” Visio shapes that appear a lot, mostly on Microsoft technical documentation? Well, they are available to download from the Microsoft site, the set is called Visio stencils for IT Pro posters.
Download this zip file of Microsoft Office Visio stencils to create your own diagrams for models of server deployments. For examples of how the IT pro content publishing team for Microsoft Office used these shapes, see these pages:
Download and uncompress .zip file
The .zip file contains the following files:
- Download the .zip file by clicking Download.
- Find the downloaded file on your computer.
- Decompress the .zip file to the folder C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\My Shapes, where User_Name is your Windows user name .
Open stencils in Visio
- Open Visio.
- Create a new drawing.
- On the File menu, click Shapes, point to My Shapes, and then click one of the files listed above.
- Repeat for all six files.
- If you want these shape stencils to open whenever you create this kind of drawing, you can save the drawing as a template.