Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
The Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 was released.
Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP1 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB960384.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM). For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, refer to the section Update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM in the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
This is a cumulative update rollup and replaces the following:
- KB945684 Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB945684)
- KB948016 Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB948016)
- KB949870 Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB949870)
- KB952580 Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB952580)
- KB953467 Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB953467)
- KB959241 Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB959241)
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Exchange Server 2007 SP1 must be installed prior to installing this update rollup.
- This update rollup cannot be installed if you are using Exchange Server 2007 RTM.
- Any Interim Updates for Exchange Server 2007 must be uninstalled prior to installing this update rollup.
- 32-bit editions of Windows Server 2003 with SP2, Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista and Windows XP with SP2 are only supported for Exchange Server 2007 management tools.
Some important notes from the You Had Me At EHLO blog:
- Since the release of update roll-up 6, we have fixed about 50 issues and wanted to go ahead and provide them to customers.
- First off, we fixed the SCR issue which have caused everyone some pain and which did not get completed in time to be included in the last update roll-up.
- We have also fixed two issues which caused intermittent crashes in the IMAP4 service and resulted in event 4999 being logged in the event logs. The following KBs have more information on the scenarios which are fixed: KB 957504 and KB 960292.
- Additionally we have also done a design change to address encapsulation and the way it is handled by Exchange Server 2007.
- And finally, from the installation perspective, a friendly reminder that the roll-up installer will overwrite any OWA script files if required to ensure proper operation of OWA. So if you have customized the logon.aspx page or other similar OWA pages, you will need to redo any customization after installation of the roll-up.
I have just installed it on my lab (Hyper-V) machines and all went well!