So, Update Rollup 5 for Exchange 2007 SP1 was released. Now what?
Now you install it, of course!
*BUT WAIT*! Before you do it, the guys from the You Had Me At EHLO blog posted some important information you should know:
1) Service startup issue as described in KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944752 as well as our previous blog post.
- The rollup installer will now make the required modifications to the config files, even create new config files if not found. If customers have already modified the config files and have a generatePublisherEvidence setting, it will be left intact. Note that you still need the right version of .NET (see KB 944752) for the fix to take effect.
- Un-installation of the rollup will not rollback the addition of generatePublisherEvidence to config files.
2) Blank OWA logon page after installation of rollups 3 and 4, if you have modified logon.aspx file
- The rollup installer will now overwrite any OWA script files if required to ensure proper operation of OWA. You will need to redo any customization after installation of the rollup.
Did you read it carefully? OK, so now you're ready to install Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB953467). Here's a small description of what UR5 can do for you:
Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP1 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB953467.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM). For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, refer to the section Update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM in the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
This is a cumulative update rollup and replaces the following:
- KB945684 Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB945684)
- KB948016 Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB948016)
- KB949870 Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB949870)
- KB952580 Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB952580)
The size of the update is 66MB (UR 4 was around 40MB). The installation process is pretty straightforward: just download the file that matches the architecture of your Exchange 2007 system (x64 or x86), double click it and voila!
The installation took 10 minutes on my Hyper-V virtual machine. When setup finished, I was the proud owner of an Exchange Server 2007 version 8.1.336.0, which I could confirm by inspecting Application event ID 1000.