Office 2007 SP1
Although you can live happily with Exchange Server without using Outlook 2007 (or Outlook at all!), the truth is that the rich client from Microsoft makes the messaging experience a whole lot better!
So, if you're using Outlook 2007, you'll probably want to install the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1.
Here are some quick Outlook 2007 SP1 Facts:
- General performance and responsiveness improvements
- POP3 mail download improvements
- Improved support for RSS feeds
- Meeting reliability improvements
The 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 delivers important customer-requested stability and performance improvements, while incorporating further enhancements to user security. This service pack also includes all of the updates released for the 2007 Office suite prior to December of 2007. You can get a more complete description of SP1, including a list of issues that were fixed, in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 936982: Description of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1.
Service Pack 1 will install even if a publicly available update has already been installed on your computer.
SP1 also includes stability improvements developed as a result of user input from the Microsoft Online Crash Analysis and from Microsoft Product Support feedback.
This update applies to the following programs:
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Microsoft® Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft® Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007
- Microsoft® Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft® Office Small Business 2007
- Microsoft® Office Small Business Management 2007
- Microsoft® Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft® Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007
- Microsoft® Office InfoPath® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Publisher® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Word 2007
- Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
- Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
- To successfully install SP1, you must have Microsoft Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) or higher. For more information, including instructions for downloading MSI 3.1, please see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 942101.
- To successfully install SP1, you will need more free hard disk space than the size of the patch itself. For more specific information about the space requirements, please see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 943589.
There are several scenarios that may require you to reboot your computer after SP1 is installed. For more information, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 942995.
To install this update, do one of the following:
When using other Microsoft Office products
- Use Microsoft Update (recommended). Microsoft Update consolidates updates provided by Windows Update and Office Update into one location and enables you to choose automatic delivery and installation of high-priority updates.
- Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site. After running the automatic detection, Office Update prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring your Office products up to the best quality available. Office Update is not supported on Windows Vista.
- Install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite SP1 manually. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button at the top of this page. Save the file to your hard disk drive. Note: The 2007 Office suite SP1 is available on CD-ROM through the Office Online page Order Office Service Packs on CD-ROM.
- It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.
If you are using the following Microsoft Office products, we recommend that you get the latest service packs:
To remove this download
There is no uninstall feature for this download. For more information, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 873125.
Administrators working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the 2007 Office Resource Kit site.
For further information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 936982: Description of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1.