Poor Man's Library [updated]
There are great Exchange documentation sources on the internet. The Microsoft Exchange Team is probably the most active team in producing good technical documents, but there are also other dedicated sites who publish regular articles.
But there's nothing like the smell of paper and a fat Exchange book looks good on any shelf. Unfortunately the price of books is not as cheap as it should be (at least for me, who lives in a country with one of the smallest buying power in Europe).
So, if I can't buy the real thing, I'll have to find alternative sources. Most of the authors of Exchange books offer sample chapters of their work. I decided to gather all the sample chapters available publicly. I call it Poor Man's Library:
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Distilled, Scott Schnoll
Exchange Server 2003 Tips and Tricks
• Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Patricia Cardoza
Managing Outlook Folders in Office 2003
• Microsoft® Exchange Server 2003 24seven, Jim McBee; Barry Gerber
Chapter 4: Understanding Exchange 2003 Data Storage
• CYA Securing Exchange Server 2003 & Outlook Web Access, Henrik Walther, Patrick Santry
Chapter 5 Securing the Outlook Web Access Server
• Mastering™ Microsoft® Exchange Server 2003 ,Barry Gerber
Chapter 4: Exchange Server 2003 Architecture
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Delta Guide, David McAmis, Don Jones
Chapter 8 "Security"
• Learning Exchange Server 2003, William Boswell
Migrating from Legacy Exchange
Chapter 5, “Managing Recipients and Distribution Lists”
• Anti-Spam Tool Kit, Paul Wolfe Charlie Scott Mike Erwi
Chapter 11, Anti-Spam Servers for Windows
Chapter 5, "Blocking spammers with DNS blacklists"
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Tony Redmond
Chapter 1, "A Brief History of Exchange"
Chapter 8, "Performance and clusters"
• The Administrator Shortcut Guide to Email Protection, Paul Robichaux
Chapter 3, "Server-Side Antivirus Protection"
• Mission-Critical Microsoft Exchange 2003, Jerry Cochran
Chapter 4, "When Exchange Servers Fall Down"
Chapter 5, "Protecting and Recovering Exchange data"
• MCSA/MCSE Implementing and Managing Exchange Server 2003 Exam Cram 2, Orin Thomas, Will Schmied and Ed Tittel
Chapter 6, “Managing, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting the Exchange Organization”
• The Definitive Guide to E-Mail Management and Security, Kevin Beaver
Chapter 6, “Managing e-mail effectively”
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Unleashed, Rand Morimoto
Chapter 3, "Installing Exchange Server 2003"
Chapter 15 "Migrating from Exchange v5.5 to Exchange Server 2003"
• Secure Messaging with Microsoft Exchange 2003, Paul Robichaux
Chapter 13 "Securing Outlook"
• Monitoring and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Mike Daugherty
Chapter 9, "Backup and recovery operations"
• Exchange Server Cookbook For Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange 2000 Server, Paul Robichaux, Missy Koslosky, Devin Ganger
Chapter 9, "Public Folder Management"
• Microsoft Exchange Server Survival Guide, Wesley H. Peace III
Chapter 3, "Server Components"
• The Definitive Guide to Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 Security, Archie Reed, Darren Mar-Elia, and Sean Daily
Chapter 8 "Managing Exchange 2000 Post-Migration Tasks"
• Secure Messaging with Microsoft® Exchange Server 2000, Paul Robichaux
Chapter 4: Threats and Risk Assessment
• Microsoft® Exchange 2000 Server Resource Kit, Microsoft Corporation
Chapter 6 Deployment Strategies
• Configuring Exchange Server 2000, Liz Mason
Chapter 1 What’s New in Exchange 2000
• Microsoft Exchange Server in a Nutshell, Mitch Tulloch
Chapter 2 Architecture and Operation
If you know any other sample chapters, please let me know.