Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

We've received the sad news from Donna's husband that she passed away unexpectedly on December 13, 2011.

Donna has been a strong advocate for security and education for many many years and helped guide many in their interest of security on various forums.

She will be missed by many.

Her blog will remain as a tribute to her passion for security and her willingness to contribute to others.

(comments have been opened up on this post for a short time)

Other locations where tributes have been posted include:

Published Wed, Feb 8 2012 18:45 by admin
Filed under:

Comments

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:03 PM by Steven Burn

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

You'll be sorely missed Donna.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:19 PM by Maurice Naggar

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Donna was widely admired and respected for her contributions. She is (& will be) missed.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:28 PM by NICK ADSL UK

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

It is with great sadness to hear of this very tragic news. Donna was a very special person to many who knew her and everyone will be devastated to hear of her passing

My very sincerest condolences go out to her husband and their families at this sad time

Nick

Wilders Security Admin

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:31 PM by Bill Sanderson

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Very sorry to hear this--my condolences and best wishes to her family.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:33 PM by Marcus Murray (MVP-Enterprise Security)

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Donna, You will be missed and never forgotten.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:40 PM by Glen Ventura

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Donna's dedication to computer security and to helping others will be greatly missed. In addition to her forum work, her contributions in her blog helped the rest of us better do our jobs.

This is very sad news indeed.  My condolences to Donna's family and friends.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:41 PM by Daniel

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Donna will sorely missed by me and all the Staff and Members at the Calendar of Updates!

Daniel (Triple Helix)

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:43 PM by TeMerc

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

This is so sad, Donna will indeed be well missed in the security community, as well as in her real life family, condolences to her family

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:53 PM by Don

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Donna, You will be missed and never forgotten.

My sincerest condolences go out to her husband and their families at this terribly sad time. RIP Donna.

Don Patterson

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:00 PM by MowGreen

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My deepest condolences go out to Donna's family and her wide network of friends. She was a wonderful woman who helped many people all over the World.

RIP, Donna.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:07 PM by Corrine

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My sincere sympathy to Donna's husband and family.

Donna will be missed by her CoU family, other communities where she was active, fellow Microsoft MVPs and the many people she reached through this blog.

R.I.P. Donna.

{{{HUGS}}}

Corrine

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:30 PM by AndyAtHull

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

I'm in shock of this news. Donna gave me great support and feedback on a variety of subjects. She will be missed and a big hole will be left.

Regards, Andrew Kleijn

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:37 PM by ipl_001

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

The anti-malware community (and especially the MS-MVP Consumer Security community) lost a very appreciated member.

She will be missed.

Condolences to her husband and their families.

RIP Donna!

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:50 PM by Linda

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

We are sorry to hear the sad news. On behalf of all of us at SpywareHammer we send our condolences to Donna's family.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:12 PM by nickW

Very sad news.

Donna will be missed, and never forgotten.

R.I.P. Donna.

My condolences to Donna's family and friends.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:17 PM by Carol~

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My deepest condolences to her husband, her family, and especially J&J.

She will be missed, but never forgotten.

RIP, my friend.

Carol

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:22 PM by Jeff Whitehead

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Rest in peace Donna, you will be greatly missed by everyone who knew you.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:33 PM by Thomas Teh

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

I seen her before in DSLReports couple years back. Had just seen the news of her passing over there, I came here to give my condolences to her family. I am sure she will be missed by many.

T.T.

Malaysia

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:02 PM by TomCoyote Wilson

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Deepest condolences to the family and hugs to all

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:27 PM by Bill Bright (Digerati)

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My thoughts and condolences go out for Donna and her family.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:44 PM by Rod Trent

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Sad indeed.  Donna was a true professional and provided a lot of value to the security community.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:28 PM by siljaline

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

I am very sad to read of this.

You will be missed, Donna.

Rest in peace.

Randy Knobloch

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 6:16 PM by tashi

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My condolences to Donna's family and friends.

She will be missed by everyone who knew her.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 6:57 PM by blues

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Godspeed, Donna.  You will be missed.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:37 PM by Gordon

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

I will miss you dear friend

thank you for everything!

R.I.P.

Gordon

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 10:50 PM by Rod Weymouth aka Roddy32

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

RIP Donna. You can finally slow down. You will be missed by many.

Rod

Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:05 AM by Manny Carvalho

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My condolences to the family.  Donna was a great lady. She will be missed.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:33 AM by Per Hollander aka Elrond

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Donna you will be deeply missed.

My condolences to Donna's family and friends.

Elrond

Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:21 AM by Aryeh Goretsky

R.I.P, Donna.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:09 AM by Lawrence Abrams

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Rest in peace Donna. You were a figurehead for the community and will sorely be missed.

Lawrence

Thursday, February 09, 2012 11:10 AM by lilhurricane

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My heartfelt condolences to her friends & family. I am truly saddened by the news.

Donna was a bright light & a truly amazing person...her light will be greatly missed

~lil

Thursday, February 09, 2012 11:50 AM by B. Udo Laumann aka TheSentinel

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Donna, you'll be missed as a member of the IT security world, a founding member of Gladiator-Security Forum but most as a close, good and great friend.

I am sure we will meet one day somewhere, where the sun is always shining sitting on a huge meadow watching the skies. Be well Donna.....

Lilian and my condolences to Danny and the whole family

B. Udo Laumann, Wuppertal, Germany

Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:23 PM by Jurren Bouman

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My deepest condolences to friends & family!!

Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:38 PM by Pieter

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Thanks for all you did Donna.

It was a pleasure knowing you.

My condolences to the family and everyone that was close to her.

R.I.P.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:44 PM by wayne p. kroncke

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Requiescat in Pace, Donna. you will be missed. My sincere condolences to Donna's family.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 7:04 PM by CalamityJane aka Janie Whitty

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My sincerest, heartfelt condolences to Donna's family and all who loved her  This was devastating news to me.  Donna and I go back more than 10 years in the volunteer computer security field and I admired her dedication to that and to her family.  I brought her into the Microsoft MVP community as one of my very first nominees (if not THE first...I think she was).  She was an incredible person with a huge heart.  I will miss her terribly.  I am so sorry for your loss and ours.

Respectfully and sincerely, with a very heavy heart for one taken too soon.  But she is at peace now and in a much better place than we.

CalamityJane aka Janie Whitty

Central Florida, USA

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:03 AM by Smokey

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Rest in Peace sweet Donna, I will never forget you.

Dave

Owner Smokey's Security Forums

Friday, February 10, 2012 9:39 AM by Blue Zee

# In memory of Donna Buenaventura

Terrible loss for the community.

RIP

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:06 PM by Brian Fiori

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

RIP Donna.  You were one of the good guys.

Friday, March 09, 2012 4:47 PM by Len Agoado

# re: Announcement: In memory of Donna Buenaventura

My condolences to her family and friends.  She was a bright light in the security forums and is sorely missed.