Adding a New Database with SSDT
Sun, Oct 21 2012 20:58
No, SSDT is not a disease; it is a set of SQL Server Data Tools that are included as part of Visual Studio 2012. You can use the SQL Server Object Explorer from the SSDT to maintain or view your databases.
See this link for an introduction to SQL Server Object Explorer.
To create a new database:
1) Open the SQL Server Object Explorer toolbox using View | SQL Server Object Explorer from Visual Studio 2012.
2) Drill down to the Databases node.
3) Right-click and select Add New Database.
4) Visual Studio creates a database named "New Database" by default and provides an opportunity for you to change the name.
5) In this example, the database was named "Customer". Open the new database's node to view the created folders.
You can then create tables, views, stored procedures, or whatever.
Use the SQL Server Object Explorer any time you need to create or maintain a database.