DAL: DataTable Visualizer
Fri, Jul 10 2009 13:05
This post details how to use the DataTable Visualizer. The DataTable Visualizer is a debugging tool that allows you to see and edit the contents of a DataTable while you are debugging.
NOTE: There is also a DataSet Visualizer that works the same way for DataSets instead of DataTables.
To use the DataTable Visualizer:
- Set a break point on any line of code after you have a DataTable populated.
- Run your application until it stops at the break point.
- Hover over your DataTable variable.
You should get a tooltip that displays a magnifying glass.
Note: Though this example shows C# code, this technique works the same in VB.
- Click on the arrow next to the magnifying glass to display the drop down menu.
- Select the "DataTable Visualizer" menu option.
The DataTable contents is then displayed:
This allows you to view your DataTable and optionally update the data in the table for debugging or testing.