website hit counter Not Dead Yet - Chris Lanier

Not Dead Yet

School is out for the semester which means more time to kick back.  I'm sure most of you know that there is a lot going on, so post any specific questions you have here and I'll see what I can cover.

Published Tue, May 19 2009 7:22 by chrisl

Comments

# re: Not Dead Yet

Glad to see you back alive here! I know how crazy the end of semesters can be. Been holding back information about SDV?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:25 AM by PeterFnet

# re: Not Dead Yet

Hi Chris, what is up with CableCard PCs? I don't see them offered by many of the big OEMs.

Is the MCE + CableCard going away?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:38 AM by Bob

# re: Not Dead Yet

Do you think we'll ever see another MediaCenter extender beyond the XBOX360?  Something from MS perhaps?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:45 AM by Brent

# re: Not Dead Yet

How many people have successfully created a DIY OCUR Cable Card machine.  Will Microsoft finally open this up to the public?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:31 AM by Scott

# re: Not Dead Yet

Chris,

Thanks for the offer.  Here are my questions:

1) Can you comment on the extender strategy for Media Center?  Will there be a gen 3 strategy at all?

2) Will there be integration with other Microsoft entertainment devices/experiences?  So will I be able to manage my music library through my Zune software and have my music plays in Media Center count as plays in my Zune Library?  Will I be able to use the Zune marketplace in Media Center or access the Xbox Live Movie/TV marketplace?

3) Will there be DirecTV or Dish Network support in Media Center?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:17 AM by Andres Echevarria

# re: Not Dead Yet

Glad to hear your alive.

1.  Any comments on ZuneHD/xYz/Pink?  Any chance of webguide integration or Ian's offline extender idea actually happening?

2.  Why'd Internet TV need a beta 2?  Will it do something besides gather dust?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:47 AM by Karl

# re: Not Dead Yet

Zune subscription would be cool on the Media Center.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:53 PM by Scott

# re: Not Dead Yet

Good to hear Chris, I check your blog all the time, so I just assumed you were busy.... We all know there is a lot going on in the MC world....

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:49 PM by DavidinCT

# re: Not Dead Yet

Hi! Was wondering where you had been! :-)

Any chance there the Microsoft/DirecTV relationship has rekindled at all, in terms of Media Center support?

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:11 PM by John

# re: Not Dead Yet

Have you heard anything more from Ceton regarding their mstream tuners??? I signed up for their beta, but never got a response.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:02 PM by sfiorito