Ricavision Debuts New SideShow Remotes!
Ricavision has finally come out to play with new SideShow
remotes. First off they have a brand new
design in their VAVE100. Not only does
it have SideShow built-in, but it is now a universal learning remote too. Everyone’s dream of Media Center control is
about to happen when this thing ships.
Universal Remote Control with Windows Vista SideShow Technology is the new top
of the line SideShow-based remote. Features
- Control 20 different entertainment devices from a distance
of over 50 feet via IR
- 2.4 Inch QVGA LCD Display with a resolution of 240x320
- IR+Class 1 Bluetooth with Audio streaming
- Learning feature and Macro support (Built-in 1500 brands via
LCD display setup)
- One touch of the Windows Media Center
- Let the SideShow Begin!
Built in SideShow support
- Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Ion battery
- Includes docking station with RC6 receiver, Bluetooth transceiver
and a power charger
Check it out on pre-order
for only $274.00. Ships
in February 29, 2008.
Next up is the non-SideShow VAVE50 Windows Vista Universal
Remote Control. This is more of a
Harmony replacement than anything else, but it looks more Media Center friendly
then any Harmoy remote on the market.
Features for this guy include…
- Controls 15 different devices
- LCD screen to identify your device
- LCD screen allows for user defined keys and favorite
- Media Center ready
No word on price or availability yet, but you can assume it
will be less expensive then the VAVE100.
Also, Ricavision has setup their PLIX Gadgets Bank, which
allows you to download gadgets specially designed Gadgets for Ricavision’s
SideShow remotes. Currently listed are PLIX
Photo Gadget, PLIX Radio Gadget, PLIX Movie Gadget, and PLIX Weather Gadget. Standard Sidebar Gadgets should also work
One sad bit of news, their Fridge Magnet/Scribbler
Device, eBook Reader,
and eChatter are now said
to be prototypes still in development. I
wouldn’t expect them to ship soon because of that, which is too bad because they
are great ideas that I would love to get my heads on.
Update: Sideshow will support control of Extender sessions.