website hit counter TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 Released! - Chris Lanier

TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 Released!

TweakMCE is a new PowerToy that is currently part of the Winter Fun Pack for Windows XP and will be available as a seperate soon.

Notable features of TweakMCE...

General

* Disable autorun of Interactual content
    * Change the DVD notification timeout

TV

* Change the skip back interval (2 min skip anyone?)
    * Change the storage location for recorded TV
    * Change the watched folders for recorded TV
    * Change the length of time a notification appears before a recording starts
    * Change reaction time compensation
    * Change the more info panel timeout
    * Change the seek bar timeouts

Music

* Turn off that annonying add to notification
    * Make the pivots in the music area sticky

Remote Control

* Set your remote control ID so you can have multiple MCE's in one room
    * Enable a universal remote control by turning off debounce

Extender

* Turn off the TV skin
    * Turn off network congestion dialogs
    * Turn off IE warnings

Winter Fun Pack 2004 for Windows XP

A big thanks goes out to Matt Goyer and the other people on the MCE Team for making this!

Published Fri, Dec 3 2004 17:36 by chrisl
Filed under:

Comments

# re: TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 Released!

Hello!

I just installed Winter Fun Pack 2004 for Windows XP on my MCE 2005 PC.
But after I try to start TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 powertoy from within MCE 2005, error dialog pops up:

"The Media Center PowerToy can only be run on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005."

I am sure that I have MCE version 2005 and it is activated.

Any solution ?

Thank you!

Friday, December 24, 2004 12:22 AM by chrisl

# re: TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 Released!

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Indent and change the value to 3.

Friday, December 24, 2004 4:37 PM by chrisl

# Watched TV Folders in TweakMCE

I'm having difficutly getting the mutliple Watched TV Folders option to work. I have two 160 GB HD's for recorded TV storage but wanted to move some shows over to my server Win Server 2k3. I have shared the drive on my MCE machine opened TweakMCE and added the paths but when I move the content over to the server the MCE interface doesn't see it. Does this feature not support network drives or am I doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

Friday, December 31, 2004 12:34 AM by chrisl

# re: TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 Released!

I'm having sort of the same problem as Brian in that i cannot change the storage location for Recorded TV to a network drive although that should be possible in TweakMCE. MCE keeps reverting to the default setting (on C:)
Any solutions?
Thanks,
Jesper

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:14 PM by chrisl

# re: TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 Released!

Media Center doesn't support saving recording to network drives, no matter the method.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:57 PM by chrisl

# re: TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 Released!

I have the TweakMCE saved location pointing at an external 200GB USB 2.0 drive. The setting remains until I reboot and/or go mobile with my laptop. Once that occurs, the settings revert back to C:. Is there anyway to make the settings sticky and/or permanent?

To change back to my external USB drive, I have to change the setting in TweakMCE and reboot for it to take effect; otherwise it would fill up my C: drive.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:50 PM by chrisl

# re: TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 Released!

Hi Guys,

I have a MCE2005 with rollup 2 installed. I output to an ordinary 42" TV screen. My problem is with the Menu bar on the top of the screen, and the player control bar at the bottom of the screen. They are too big! It partially covers the Video picture. I can hardly click on the shutdown button located at the upper left corner of the TV screen.

My question is: Is there a way to resize this, so that it is smaller? Also, from time to time, i find that these 2 bars dont go away (even after a long time of say one hour).

Help?