Ok, before we can install the update for SBS2k3 listed in my previous post, we first need to deploy Windows XP SP2 to the SBS. But just how do we do that?
1) Find your ClientApps directory. (C:\ClientApps by default, however I always move mine to a data partition)
2) Create a new folder under the ClientApps directory named wxpsp2
3) Make sure the XP SP2 installation file is available on your server (either by downloading it or inserting a CD with SP2) If you downloaded the file, it will be named WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe - if you have the SP2 CD, then it will be xpsp2.exe
4) Open a command prompt and navigate to the location where your SP2 installation file is located.
5) If you downloaded the file, enter the following command:
If you have the CD file, enter the following command:
6) You will be prompted for a location to extract the files to. Enter the location of the wxpsp2 folder you created in step 2. (e.g. D:\ClientApps\wxpsp2\)
7) Once the extraction is complete, run the SBS update (SBS2003-KB884032-X86-ENU.exe) and you should be good to go!
Sun, Sep 26 2004 11:31