Wife turned 40 (no, she doesn't look a day over 30!)
One of life's milestones was reached by my wife yesterday - she turned 40 and she decided to publish 40 life lessons and i figured to put it up here as well because, dang, she's far smarter and wiser than i am.
1. If you want joy in your life, seek it.
2. There is a lesson to be learned in everything.
3. Separate your whites from your colours.
4. White vinager is a brilliant softner and deodoriser in your wash.
5. A little often of everything makes a difference.
6. It's not selfish to say no.
7. Anyone that would deny you the ability to say no - stay away from.
8. If it looks like bullshit, smells like bullshit, it probably is bullshit.
9. There is no space for emotional blackmail and manipulation in a healthy autonomous relationships.
10. Your baggage is no excuse for bad behaviour.
11. Any parent that speaks ill of their children should be treated with caution.
12. The more you talk about your housework, the less you are actually doing.
13. Sheep poo is the answer to every gardening issue.
14. Cadbury fruit & nut plus loud music can get you through anything.
15. A good cup of tea can make you feel better.
16. You can never tell your children enough how much you love them, no matter how old they are.
17. You can't bullshit a 4yr old.
18. Tell your kids the truth and see them as individuals.
19. The truth is not ugly.
20. Emotions are not a weakness.
21. It's okay to not like someone. You don't have to be friends with everyone.
22. You are never too old for facebook.
23. Johnson baby wipes are a housewifes best friend.
24. Take your vitamins.
25. Fresh air never hurt anyone.
26. If you do nothing else, pluck your eyebrows neatly.
27. B-grade movies are cool.
28. You can not always judge a person from what they say, you must also look at what they do.
29. If it's like beating your head against a brick wall, walk away.
30. Sometimes it's best to say nothing.
31. Finish what you start and no it doesn't all have get done in one day.
32. If the laundry is dry, put it away that evening.
33. Puppies chew, cat's spew.
34. Dead rats in the wall cavity smell for a week.
35. Don't leave plastic in the sun if you want it to stay nice.
36. Good skin is basically nutrition plus genetics and no sun.
37. Sorbolene is brilliant with skin issues.
38. Old fashioned remedies are solid.
39. Camomile kills fungus.
40. You must learn not to blindly accept another persons perception of you and know yourself for who you actually are.
We had a cozy evening and albeit i ended up baking the wrong chocolate cake she had a good time.
Happy birthday sweetie!