Using Windows Server 2012 Essentials - Step by Step Is Here!
We Got Served's all-new guide to Microsoft's all-new server platform, Using Windows Server 2012 Essentials - Step by Step is here at last and ready to roll! Almost 600 pages of "ideal first-server" goodness have been prepared with detailed walkthroughs for your first steps with Windows Server 2012 Essentials.
Yours for just £12.99 for a limited time when you use the checkout code ESSENTIALS at the WGS Store.
Using Windows Server 2012 Essentials - Step by Step is our comprehensive guide to Microsoft's ideal "first server" platform. Written specifically for home and small business owners new to servers, or those migrating from Microsoft's Windows Home Server, Using Windows Server 2012 Essentials provides easy to follow steps for installing, configuring and extending Windows Server 2012 Essentials - at home or at the office!
Fully illustrated with hundreds of colour screenshots, this 586 page eBook (available to download in both PDF and ePub formats) is designed to provide a friendly deep dive into the features and workings of Microsoft's server platform - no IT degree required! Author and Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Jim Clark walks you through first steps with your server - from the computer hardware you'll need to host Windows Server 2012 Essentials, through installing the software, configuring user accounts and security settings, connecting client PCs, mobile devices and Apple Macs.
We take a look at backing up and restoring your vital data, sharing files and folders across multiple users and devices, accessing the server remotely via the web or VPN, streaming music, video and photos and a whole lot more. The eBook wraps up with a high level guide to additional software you could consider installing to extend the Windows Server 2012 platform as well as an introduction to advanced server management tools and features.
Whether you're considering the use of a server at home or for your small business, thinking of moving from a Network Attached Storage device or back-up hard drive to a more powerful option, or simply whether you just want to find out more, Using Windows Server 2012 Essentials - Step by Step has been written to answer all of your questions - by non-IT geeks, for non-IT geeks!
- Who is This Book For?
- Just Who Am I to be Talking About Windows Server 2012 Essentials?
- Installation Requirements
- Hardware Requirements
- Additional Requirements
- Networking Configuration
- Supported Client Operating Systems
- Install Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Use the Dashboard to Configure and Customize Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Get Updates for Other Microsoft Products
- Adding User Accounts
- Adding Server Folders
- Set up Server Backup
- Set up Anywhere Access
- Set up Email Alerts
- Set up Media Server
- Connect Client Computers to the Server
- Add Client PCs to the Server Network
- Connecting a PC to the Server Domain
- Migrating Local Account Files and Applications With Windows Easy Transfer
- Connect Additional Client Computers to the Server Network
- Add Windows “Home” PCs to the Network
- Install Windows RT Tablets on an Essentials Network
- Install Windows Phone Smartphones and Tablets on an Essentials Network
- Adding an Apple Mac to an Essentials Network
- The Launchpad
- A Trip Around the Dashboard
- The HOME Section
- The USERS Section
- The DEVICES Section
- The STORAGE Section
- The APPLICATIONS Section
- The Dashboard Home Tab
- The HELP Tab
- The ADD-INS Tab
- The EMAIL Tab
- Managing Users and Accounts
- Managing Computers and Group Policy in the Dashboard
- Server Tasks
- Client Tasks
- Device Tasks
- Managing Hard Drives, Storage and Storage Spaces
- Server Folders
- Adding Hard Drives to the Server
- Storage Spaces
- Extending Windows Server 2012 Essentials With Add-ins
- Remote Access
- Protecting and Restoring Your Data
- Data Redundancy
- File History
- Shadow Copies
- Folder Redirection
- Client Backup and Restore
- Server Backup and Restore
- Cloud Backup
- Supporting Applications
- Malware Protection
- Software Update Applications
- Disk Defragmentation Programs
- Other Software
- An Introduction to Advanced Server Management
- Windows PowerShell
- Administrative Tools
- Active Directory
- Certificate Authority
- DNS Manager
- Group Policy Management
- Health Registration Authority
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Network Policy Server
- Server Manager
- Windows Server Backup
- What Happens Next?
Pick up Using Windows Server 2012 Essentials Step by Step at the discounted price of £12.99, for a limited time.
More: WGS Store