Wed, Sep 26 2012 23:43
Connecting Win8 to SBS 2008 after the install of the latest update rollup
Couple of tips to get the Windows 8 to connect to the server using the connect wizard.
1. Don't use the metro browser to connect computers to the server, use the traditional old fashioned IE 10.
2. You'll need to enable .net 3.5 to get it to work
3. Go into programs and features and click on the .net 3.5 button
4. Make sure your Win8 has an internet connection as it has to download .net 3.5
5. Add connect as a trusted site (seems to work better that way)
It should now see the win8 as a connect-able machine (this is on SBS 2008 where it offers up the "Vista" page on connect. You'll see Launcher.exe be offered up.
Hit the UAC prompt
And you should be on your way...
Filed under: News