Fri, Aug 7 2009 21:23
How to use Outlook Express on Windows 7:
From the Partner forums....
[Win7: FAQ] How to use Outlook Express on Windows 7:
Some partners enquried that how to continue using Outlook Express on Windows 7 as there is no built-in e-mail program by default. This following technical bulletin is aimed to introduce how to run Outlook Express on Windows 7.
In Windows 7, we can leverage the XP mode feature to run Outlook Express. Here are the detailed steps:
1. Make sure your computer meets the requirements for both Windows 7 and Virtual PC 7.
Your computer should be equipped with the minimum system requirements to run Windows 7 (at least a 1 GHz processor and 1 GB RAM) and should have Data Execution Prevention (DEP) and Hardware-assisted Virtualization turned on in the BIOS.
2. Download and install Windows Virtual PC Beta and Windows XP Mode Beta from the following link:
3. Start and log on Virtual Windows XP.
4. In Windows XP Virtual PC, create a shortcut for Outlook Express and save it in the "%allusersprofile\Start Menu%" folder.
5. Back to Windows 7, click Start -> All Programs -> Windows Virtual PC -> Virtual Windows XP Applications -> Outlook Express (Virtual Windows XP).
Filed under: News