Thu, Feb 21 2008 23:07
Default printer resetting?
Saw an issue posted where the default printer kept defaulting to OneNote printer.
From the description, I understand that you are unable to set default
Filed under: Vista
printer on Vista client. If I am off base, please feel free to let me know.
As the default printer is Microsoft OneNote, please check if you can switch
to any newly-installed printer.
Also, please tell me if there's any error message displayed when you try to
set default printer.
This issue can be caused if OneNote printer driver is corrupted. If you do
not use OneNote, you can simply delete the printer from Printers folder. If
you do use OneNote, you can follow the steps below to reinstall OneNote:
1. Quit all Windows programs.
2. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
3. In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Office 2007, and
then click Change/Remove.
4. In the Office Maintenance Mode dialog box, click Add / Remove features.
5. Select Microsoft OneNote 2007 and click on the option that say Not
6. Click on Update, this would Uninstall OneNote 2007.
7. Reinstall OneNote 2007 from Maintenance Mode, follow the steps above and
to install OneNote 2007 select the option that says Available in step