The information below is in regards to QuickBooks 2007 not running with Windows users who have been granted with restricted - standard user permissions:
When starting QuickBooks, it flashes and goes away. It sometimes shows the following error message and then goes away.
LicenseUtility.cpp (888) : MESSAGE: Fri Oct 06 12:18:51 LVL_FATAL_ERROR--QuickBooks has encountered a problem. Close all open applications and restart QuickBooks. If the problem persists, insert the QuickBooks CD into your computer and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.
QuickBooks runs normally if the Windows user is an administrator.
The folder permissions may have been changed by the domain policy so that QuickBooks cannot access some of the required folders under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.
Make sure that the following folders have Full Control for Everyone:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v3
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 7.0 (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Quickbooks 2007)
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\FAM06
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 7.0
Please follow the steps below to change folder permissions:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Explore.
- Navigate to each first folder on the list above.
- Right click on the folder and select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Select Everyone in "Group or user names."
Note: If Everyone is not listed in that window, click on Add, then type in Everyone in the "Enter the object names to select" and click OK. If the Multiple Names Found box pops up, select Everyone and click OK.
- Add a checkmark to the Full Control checkbox and click OK.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for each folder on the list above.