Thu, Aug 31 2006 20:48
Another Sucky Friday
Fridays suck. They really really do this year...
I'll give you examples:
- We tend to get into the "we hate R2" on Fridays
- On a Friday it was announced that SBS 2003 R2 was recalled
- ...and in a moment of unfortunate timing... on the same Friday Dr. J announced he was leaving Microsoft
Tomorrow also sucks.
...but in the spirit of Scarlett O'hara...there's another day...another day to learn some more...to be taught a new lesson...
So what did I personally learn?... Let's see...my own personal lessons from Dr. J:
- Making the local admin password the same as the domain password is a stupid thing to do (I don't do that anymore)
- Thinking that power user was secure (I don't EVEN want to acknowledge that my original GSEC essay was how I made everyone power user in my office and considered that was making folks secure...man was I dumb on that one...
- When SMB signing is a security risk and when it's not
- and a whole bunch more...
.so I'll do my best to 'Go forth and do good'. You should too. I have a strong feeling ... that we'll all still be learning... a ton... even after one sucky Friday.
Filed under: News