Tue, Aug 30 2005 19:12
Ray-Ism: Where's my ConnectComputer?
So from the mailbag tonight comes a question about getting workstations to work via RWW but it appears that the setup may be a bit more horked than that. When the person goes to /connectcomputer it says “Page cannot be displayed”.
So googling around... I came across “Ray THE MAN Fong” postings... Ah Ray... who suffered through dealing with a bunch of us MVPs in Charlotte for training...
Per Ray here are some Steps to troubleshoot with:
- Ensure clients are pointing to the server for their DNS
- Check to see if you can bring up http://servername
- In IIS check to see if you have a virtual directory called ConnectComputer under the Default Web sie
- If you don't.... if you look at c:\Inetpub, is there a folder called ConnectComputer, and if you do, make a virtual directory called ConnectComputer under the Default WebSite, enable anonymous access to it.
- Add the http://servername to the IE Intranet zone on the local machine
- And if you are an upgrade from SBS 2000, remove the URLScan security tool and download the updated version
Thanks Ray...even more than a year later your posts are Golden!
Filed under: Ray-isms