Thu, Aug 19 2004 17:59
Group Policy for XP sp2 on SBS 2003 boxes
Download details: Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB842933):
It's official. Elvis is in the building. The patch for the group policy that we need is now on the download site.
In case you need this....This is the manual instructions for adding the adm files
Filed under: Security
Without the special Small Business Server 2003 group policy settings
patch, you can manually update the group policy settings:
1. Install Windows XP SP2 on a computer that is a member of the domain
that contains the computer accounts of the other computers running
Windows XP on which you plan to install Windows XP SP2.
2. Restart the computer and log on to the Windows XP SP2 computer as a
member of the Domain Administrators security group, the Enterprise
Administrators security group, or the Group Policy Creator Owners
3. From the Windows XP desktop, click Start, click Run, type mmc, and
then click OK.
4. On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
5. On the Standalone tab, click Add.
6. In the Available Standalone Snap-ins list, click Group Policy Object
Editor, and then click Add.
7. In the Select Group Policy Object dialog box, click Browse.
In the Browse for a Group Policy Object, click the Group Policy object
that you want to update with the new Windows Firewall settings.
8. Click OK.
9. Click Finish to complete the Group Policy Wizard.
10. In the Add Standalone Snap-in dialog box, click Close.
11. In the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog box, click OK.
In the console tree, open Computer Configuration, Administrative
Templates, Network, Network Connections, and then Windows Firewall.
Repeat this procedure for every Group Policy object that is being used
to apply Group Policy to computers that will have Windows XP SP2 installed.