Tue, Jun 22 2004 12:48
Are you needing move your Exchange databases to another partition?
as mentioned before in this newsgroup, here are the steps (brought to you by
- Open Server Management
- Expand "<Domain> (Exchange)"
- Expand "Servers"
- Expand "<server name>"
- Expand "First Storage Group"
- Right Click "Mailbox store"
- Click on "Properties"
- Select the "Database" tab
- Change the location of the "Exchange Database" by browsing to a volume
more space (Note: DO NOT CHANGE THE DATABASE NAME)
- Change the location of the "Exchange streaming database" to the same
location (Note: DO NOT CHANGE THE DATABASE NAME)
- Choose OK -> The dismounts, moves and remounts, this make take some time
& email will be unavailable to your users while this happens
Repeat for "Public Folder Store" if you want to.
Also, if you're running out of space, make sure you're doing Exchange-aware
backups (either with a 3rd party or the SBS backup solution). Your log
files could be growing on your system for no reason
Finally, if you want to move the log files to another location too, you can
follow these steps:
- Right Click on First Storage Group
- Choose Properties
- On the General tab
- Choose Browse for each of the "Transaction Log Location" and
"System Path location"
- Choose Yes to the: are you sure dialog --> The dismounts, moves and
remounts, this make take some time & email will be down during this time.
I hope this helps,
Filed under: Exchange