Thu, Mar 18 2004 14:33
Are faxes not opening right on your SBS 2003?
If your faxes are not opening right, it's probably because Quicktime was loaded up. Try uninstalling Quicktime or the following steps:
1. Save a .TIF file on the Desktop.
2. Right click on the .TIF file, move to Open With, and then select Choose Program.
3. Select Windows Picture and Fax Viewer from the list.
NOTE: Place a check mark from Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
4. Click OK to open the photo image with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
5. Close this window, and then test if this problem is solved.
Take a look at these:
319196 OFFXP: Cannot Preview Scanned TIFF File in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
329270 You Cannot View TIFF Images Using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
An option put forth by Kevin W. in the newsgroups is to load alternative TIF viewer programs:
http://www.alternatiff.com/ or http://phoenix.gov/tiffview.html
Gavin reports that alternatiff has lots more options for viewing and he's considering loading this up on all his installs.
Filed under: Sharepoint, Tools, Needed Patches/Tweaks