WSUS and Terminal Services
ReadMe for Windows Server Update Services states that WSUS is not supported on servers running Terminal Services. Yes, that's true but it should be clear that WSUS will be supported on Terminal Server Remote Desktop for Administration Mode (RDP).
Issue 5: WSUS is not supported on servers running Terminal Services
For this Windows Server Update Services (WSUS 2.0) release, it is recommended that you do not install WSUS on a server running Terminal Services.
Hey, WSUS Product Team, you might want to make it clear as follows;
- WSUS is not supported on servers running Terminal Services in Application Mode.
- WSUS will still be supported on Terminal Server in Remote Desktop for Administration Mode (RDP).
To determine the mode in which a server is currently running, perform these steps:
- Start Terminal Services Configuration snap-in (Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Terminal Services Configuration).
- Select the Server Settings in the snap-in's left pane.
- In the right pane, check the Licensing attribute.
Frequently Asked Questions About Terminal Services
ReadMe for Windows Server Update Services