Exchange Server 2007 and Hyper-V
I've just seen on the Is this thing on? blog about Hyper-V and Exchange Server 2007. We can expect a support statement document for Hyper-V and it will be released at msechangeteam.com blog site.
In the same post Scott Schnoll gave some information about best practices and requirements, as follows:
- We're only supporting guests running Exchange Server 2007 SP1 on Windows Server 2008.
- We're only supporting fixed disks, and not dynamic disks.
- Storage should be on spindles that are separate from the Guest operating system VHD physical storage.
- Storage must be SCSI passthrough or iSCSI (with a preference of SCSI passthrough for queues, databases and log files).
- All Exchange server roles, except for the Unified Messaging server role, will be supported.
- For backup, hardware VSS should be used.
- There's a limit on VHD size of 2040 GB.
Read more at source: http://blogs.technet.com/scottschnoll/archive/2008/06/15/exchange-server-2007-and-hyper-v.aspx