Windows PowerShell Release Candidate 2
Microsoft has announced the availability of Microsoft Windows PowerShell RC2, the command line shell and scripting language that helps IT Professionals achieve greater productivity and control of system administration. Using a new admin-focused scripting language and consistent syntax and utilities, Windows PowerShell accelerates automation. Windows PowerShell is easy to adopt, learn, and use, because it works with existing IT infrastructure and scripting tools.
This Release Candidate 2 of Windows PowerShell addresses numerous customer requests based on their evaluation of Beta3 and RC1 including:
· Direct ADSI support to allow IT Pros to more easily administer Active Directory
· Improved support for Windows Management Instrumentation through ability to change WMI properties via methods
· Additional logical operators (XOR and binary XOR) that make it easier to write sophisticated scripts
· Improved help content and help functionality including new views that make it easier to find the right information.
· Windows PowerShell 1.0 will release-to-web in Q4 CY06
· Windows PowerShell will be leveraged by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and System Center Operations Manager 2007.
Customers can download Windows PowerShell RC2 at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925228