January 2009 - Posts
On a Windows Server 2008-based or Windows Vista-based computer that has a USB driver installed, you may encounter one or more of the following symptoms:
The USB audio driver causes the computer to crash. Then, you receive following error message:
STOP 0x000000FE (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
During system startup, you experience a delay of 10 seconds or longer while the computer starts the USB devices.
When the computer comes out of hibernation (system power state S4), you cannot find the USB devices in Windows Explorer.
When you start a computer that is running Windows Vista for the first time, one or more of the following icons do not appear in the notification area in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- The Network icon
- The Volume icon
- The Power icon
If your computer is infected with this worm, you may not experience any symptoms, or you may experience any of the following symptoms:
- Account lockout policies are being tripped.
- Automatic Updates, Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), Windows Defender, and Error Reporting Services are disabled.
- Domain controllers respond slowly to client requests.
- The network is congested.
- Various security-related Web sites cannot be accessed.
After you use the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows Vista, you may experience the following symptoms:
- You cannot see the Hibernate option in Power Options.
- When you use the sleep feature, the computer does not recover its settings if power is lost.
When you try to activate Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Business, or Windows Server 2008, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
Activation Error: Code 0x8007232b
DNS Name does not exist
This issue may occur if you use volume-licensed media to install Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Business, or Windows Server 2008.