Version 3.15 - 2010-11-17 (737 kb, 19,745 lines of code)
- Fifteen days after initial setup of the Auto FE Updater utility, even if an older version, you, the developer, will be seeing a screen informing you the trial period is over every time you start the utility. Unless, of course, you’ve purchased a license.
- You can now specify a desktop folder in which to create shortcuts
- Check box on the Seldom Used Update form to "Ignore the 1184 - Already Running App message".
- Display users in Access database files with a password in the View Users in Backend Screen
- Display users properly in FE databases with multiple back ends. (One line of code that was wrong. <sigh>)
- Display users in BE which are using a different FE and config file.
- The utility now creates the AutoFEUpdater Log.MDB file if not found. The problem was that if you did a drag and drop deploy of all new files you would copy a clean Log MDB database file over top your old one.
- Setting the Read Only Attribute flag was ignored
- Fixed "No current record" message when opening AutoFEUpdater Log FE without having run any sessions.
- As always minor bug fixes.
The first item on this list will not be appreciated by some or many. We’ll see how the feedback goes. Feel free to comment on this blog entry.
If you feel I should give you more time to evaluate this utility let me know. I’ll be happy to email you a temporary 15 or 30 day license file which includes the Enterprise Edition features.
Later: Edited URL to go to downloads page rather than the specific version.