Anything I find interesting about Microsoft Access that isn't large enough to put on its own page as well as any updates to my website or the Auto FE Updater. Also links to blog postings and articles I feel would be of interest to developers.
An accde or mde created in Access 2007 SP1 can't be read in Access 2007 no SP.
Error message when you try to open a compiled database file or a compiled project file in Access 2007: "This database is in an unrecognized format"
Some Microsoft Access MDB Corruption Symptoms page has been updated accordingly
Is there a workaround for this? It causes my Access 2007 Runtime applications to fail when they're compiled under Access 2007 SP1, and that makes my customers mighty unhappy!
No, all you can do is make the mde/accde in an Access 2007 system wihout SP1.
Is there a way to raise the Runtime to SP1 ?
At thsi point no. The Office 2007 SP1 does not detect the A2007 runtime. I'm sure this will be rapidly fixed by Microsoft.
I have a second computer that I disabled automatic updating on. I use that to compile the program on before distributing.
It is a royal pain besides costing time.
I've tried to uninstall just the Access 2007 and re-install again only Access 2007 but still the same.... :_(
Perhaps, it's really need to uninstall the whole Office suite and re-install again.
What a nuisance this is! Let's hope Microsoft DO fix this sometime soon!
Same problem with runtime, Any fix yet?
To prevent the error "This database is in an unrecognized format" from appearing, copy the MSAccess.exe file from the PC that has MS Office SP1 to the PC without. This should fix the problem.
Copy MSAccess.exe from the PC with Office 2007 SP1
into the PC with MS Access Runtime 2007. Overite the existing file.
I've just received a hotfix from Microsoft which is supposed to fix this problem and it didn't work. The hotfix is dated 28 January 2008. Has anyone else tried this hotfix see
I am reluctant to go back to Access 2007 without SP1, so will wait to see what Microsoft suggest.
I am using a very standard back end data file in .ACCDB format with a front end interface file in .ACCDE format to protect my code, forms, reports, etc.. As I am about to distribute my application, this is a real worry...
I've just downloaded and installed the new Access Runtime Version 2 released on March 28, and am delighted to report that it solves the problem with .ACCDE and SP1. No need for hotfixes, just the real thing...
Try this from a Visual Basic Program:
DBEngine.CompactDatabase NameDB_Failure, NewDB.mdb
I get this error with Access 2007 in this situation: If I place the db on my local server, copy it right back, open the db I get the error. If I use a thumbdrive to copy it everything works just fine. If I use an older version of my database it works fine when I place it on the server, copy it back and open it. I have tried to compact and repair, but it makes no difference.
I was trying to opent a connection in VBA and found that I was using the old .mdb format data provider:
Dim objCn As New ADODB.Connection
objCn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=mydatabase.mdb"
So here is what I did to fix the unrecognized format error:
Dim objCn As ADODB.Connection
Set objCn = CurrentProject.Connection
CurrentProject.Connection automatically uses the correct dataprovider based on the version of Access the database is currently running under. My database was converted from 2003 .mdb format to 2007 .accdb so this was left over code that needed to be updated for compatibility with the 2007 .accdb format.
DBEngine.CompactDatabase NameDB_Failure, NewDB.mdb works thanks a lot..