Why do I sometimes need to set the Subdatasheet property to [None]?
I've noticed that occasionally, and for no apparent reason, Access will sometimes set a few tables SubDatasheet property to [Auto] after I had updated the table definitions. I just shrugged and started running the code as mentioned at BUG: Slower performance on linked tables in Access 2000 every time I open the FE. Of course I makes sure I run the code against the backend MDB.
Tom Wickerath gently pointed out to me that "That's only true if you have not first disabled Name Autocorrupt". (Actually Name AutoCorrect.)
Now I don't run it that way very much. I mostly turn it on when I need to update some field definitions and want the queries to automatically change as well. So I've never had the problems with it that others have had.
The Performance FAQ page has been updated accordingly.
Thanks Tom, Tony